Only people who lives to eat will understand the significance of this post.
Stop reading if you do not live to eat. Thank you...
Now for the rest of you that continued reading..
I went to the Japanese Restaurant Yuzu in The Gardens, Midvalley today..

We went in there about 5pm for dinner, as both of us were pretty much starving from too much walking and too little lunch.
Sat down and ordered Iced Green tea, which was served in a nice ceramic cup.
Looking at the drinks menu, we were contemplating whether to order Umeshu (梅酒)or not but finally decided against it as I tend to turn lobster red with a slight bit of alcohol (although I'm totally sober :P)
For starters, we had a Soft Shell Crab Handroll each.

Delicious stuff too if I might add !
And Negima, which was some satay-ed chicken with teriyaki sauce and pieces of leek.

Darn ! 3 skewers, 2 persons :(
Next came the main course, she had the Wagyu beef and sashimi set..

The beef is the one in the top left basket, battered and fried to perfection.
If you didn't know what Wagyu beef is, its the Kobe style beef, where the cows are fed beer and sake, and massaged regularly to give them premium grade meat with high marbling of fat. This causes the beef to just melt in your mouth... of course, who can stand not taking a taste of it? (I ended up eating 1/3 of all the beef there :P)
I, on the other hand, had an Unagi and Tempura set, more common fare, but just as good nonetheless..

Looks delicious doesn't it? :P
The thing about Japanese food is that all the portions are so small and everything is so well done that you cant bear to eat it :P
The amount of food that we ordered looks very little, but belive it or not, 2 hungry persons could not finish all the food O.O
We wanted to order dessert, which included Green Tea and Black Sesame Ice cream (dotter are you reading this? :P) but since we were super stuffed, we passed... :(
Final bill came up to be pretty reasonable for the excellent quality of food, biggest surprise was they only charged us for the food, the Iced Green tea was free !!!
Now... who wants to treat me another meal there? I want to try the Fugu set dinner :P
No comments:
Post a Comment